Monday, July 29, 2013

New year, new blog

Last year was my very first of teaching and I planned to write a blog to share my experiences throughout the year. As much as I wish that I had stuck with my plan, I never had time to think about posting on it. I feel that I've have learned a lot and definitely know what I want to change and tweak from what I did last year. 

With summer winding down, I have started getting things together for the start of the 2013 - 2014 school year. I am really excited about what is to come. My school is going to 75 minute block classes with one 60 minute related arts class. My plan period will be during the last block of the day (YAY!), and I get to teach a math class with just AVID students. My school district decided to go full common core a year early, so it will be interesting to see how incorporating more student-led lessons and tasks go in my classroom. I am a bit nervous about all of the changes, but I know that all of them are for the better.

My goal for this blog is to share my experiences, successes, failures, and items that I have created for my classroom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment